Sunday, March 16, 2008

March Madness - Again

It is that time of year, March Madness. That time of year which is combination of fan feeding frenzy on basketball, combined with what has to be one of the best long term marketing strategies of all time. Let's address the last point first. The NCAA Basketball Program has done a great job of combining a great game, emotionally connected fans (in the extreme), television, intensity and that most American of things, a single Champion Team! I admit my addiction and revel in it.

Now on to the details re: this family blog. My older sons have whooped me, no doubt about it, for the last "few" years (I have lost count). Each year we fill the brackets and debate. The job gets easier and easier with the availability of electronic brackets available from ESPN, Yahoo, CBS Sports, etc. We use Yahoo!, as I have been a Yahoo! user since the beginning of Yahoo!. See our group at this link (may not be visible until Thursday). This year, I am true to my team and have Tennessee going all the way. They had better amp-up the defense, but I have faith and hope that they can do it!

The trick, as most bracketologists know, is to pick the early upsets and the length of the upset runs. We shall see how far we go!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

To Marty and Tim:
Isn't it wonderful that a team from Tennessee made it to the Final Four?

-Colleen and Maggie