Thursday, April 10, 2008

Our own little version of New York

I have, for years, thanked my lucky stars that I had the short commute, low traffic environment of Knoxville, Tennessee. Lately, though, I am seeing more and more that we have our own little version of New York City in West Knoxville. I drive daily from one end of the Cedar Bluff "zone" to the other. Starting at Kingston Pike and ending at Knoxville Catholic High is a joy. Between the traffic lights, the red light cameras, traffic merging, Starbucks turns and Cedar Bluff School traffic, the transit time is murder and the southern politeness is out the window. Now I am as aggressive as the next guy, but I will let someone with their blinker on and a legitimate reason to merge, into my lane.

I do not travel downtown, often. Nor have I experienced the New York, San Fransisco or LA traffic very often. Nevertheless, I feel justified in asking, "What are the plans for this Area?" This could be a classic overdevelopment situation.

BTW, lunchtime is no better. Pictures to follow.

No comments: